We support our community in good times and bad times in whatever way we can and are always open to new suggestions.
Here are some of the ways our church gets involved in the local community:
- Church members participate in the annual Go Green! Get Clean! campaign.
- Monthly Community Soup Lunch on the last Thursday of the month from September to June. A meal of soup and dessert and a time of fellowship open to all in the community. No charge.
- Sanctuary and hall are available for weddings and wedding receptions.
- Sanctuary and hall are available for funerals and funeral receptions.
- Visits to the sick and shut-in and communion at home if requested.
- Hold monthly community suppers.
- Pre-school program “Cradle Roll” held the third Thursday of every month from September to June.
- Space is made available for the Kids First Family Resource Centre children’s playgroup to meet every Thursday morning.
- Collect for the Pictou County East Food Bank.
- Sunday School is offered to all young people of any denomination and strives to build a love of God but also teamwork and leadership.
- Sunday School has a project to support the Lunch Program at the local school.
- Support sending young people to Camp Geddie.
- Christmas packages for seniors.